Nitrile vs Latex Gloves
Nitrile and latex gloves are disposable products commonly used in operations, examinations and similar. Each glove type has unique features as well as high and low-points. Here is a handy breakdown to help you decide which one is best suited for your specific industry needs.
Benefits of Using Nitrile Gloves
- Made of synthetic rubber – perfect for those who have latex allergies
- Highly durable and have a higher resistance to punctures
- Easily mould to your hand
- Can be worn for a lengthy period
- Resistant to many chemicals
- Very reliable in high-risk infection or contamination environments
Benefits of Using Latex Gloves
- Exceptionally comfortable with the sensation of being an ‘extra skin’
- A cost-effective option
- Coated in powder, which assists in putting the gloves on
- Strong and elastic
- Touch sensitivity is very good
- They are biodegradable
- Can be worn for extended periods
Latex gloves have dominated the market for many years, and understandably so, as they have been a reliable and cost effective solution. Nitrile gloves on the other hand, have enhanced benefits which may tip the scales, beginning with a safe option for any latex allergy sufferers as is common amongst many people. They are also 3 times more puncture resistant, and any rips or breakages are made visible. These attributes will support an increased high-risk environment (medical fields), whereas the latex gloves may be suited to a less threatening area of business operation.
Looking for a Nitrile or Latex Gloves Supplier?
As part of a larger disposable product import group, NW Hygiene are well qualified to advise, package and quote you on your specific needs. View our extensive range of imported disposable wear and hygiene products, and please get in touch with us to discuss your requirements.
Get More Information
Looking for the best prices in the disposable industry? Don’t hesitate to contact us using the form below.